What is OraCare?
OraCare is a two-bottle mouth rinse system that harnesses the power of Activated Chlorine Dioxide. Activated Chlorine Dioxide is an oxidizing agent used for antimicrobial purposes. The gas neutralizes bacteria in the mouth to improve oral hygiene, reduce bad breath, and prevent gum disease.
OraCare is also 99.99% effective against COVID-19 for up to an hour after rinsing according to a recent study. Unlike hydrogen peroxide, kills viruses without causing any damage to the tissues in the mouth.
Since chlorine dioxide is technically a gas, it requires two liquids to mix to create the gas. Unlike traditional liquid mouth wash, since OraCare is gas, it can reach areas in your mouth that liquid alone cannot.
How Does OraCare Work?
OraCare comes in two separate bottles. First, you will put 4 pumps of liquid from the first bottle followed by 4 pumps from the activator bottle. Let the rinse activate for 30 seconds before rinsing it in your mouth for 30 to 60 seconds. We recommend rinsing once to twice per day, or as recommended by Dr. Strober.
Who’s a Good Candidate?
Most patients can benefit from including OraCare in their routine since it is also helping us keep our dental office safe from COVID-19 by requiring patients to rinse with it before their appointment.
If you experience any of the following, OraCare can benefit you.
- Mouth breathe during sleep
- Use tobacco products
- Have white/yellow coating on the tongue
- Have bad breath
- Experience dry mouth
- Prone to gum disease
- Prone to canker sores
Benefits of OraCare
OraCare offers a number of benefits you won’t find with traditional mouthwashes you find at your local store. Explore the different benefits of OraCare to understand why you need to include it in your oral hygiene routine.
- Destroys Bacteria, Viruses, and Fungi – Kills viruses and fungi resistant to chlorhexidine.
- Neutralizes Volatile Sulfur Compounds (VSCs) – This helps resolve bad breath and promote wound healing.
- Breaks Down Biofilm – When dental plaque isn’t removed, it can harden and eventually lead to cavities. This breaks down biofilm so it doesn’t have time to harden.
- Perfect For People Who Don’t Floss – Reach areas that are sometimes missed when flossing. If you don’t floss, it can help remove pathogens linked to disease.
- Safe to Use – There are no harmful side effects. It’s completely beneficial to your dental health.
- Easy to Use – Just combine the two rinses and rinse for 30 to 60 seconds once or twice a day. Anyone can do it!
Get OraCare in Rancho Mirage Today
If you’re interested in improving your oral health and freshening your breath, you need to give OraCare a try. Contact Country Club Dentistry today by calling (760) 832-7915 to find out how you can start using in your daily oral hygiene routine.